Jessica's practice focuses on antitrust and competition litigation, complex commercial litigation, and patent litigation. She has represented a variety of clients on both the plaintiff and defense side, including numerous Fortune 100 companies, technology firms, startups, and financial institutions. In addition, she litigates before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board and has handled multidistrict litigation and class action cases in state and federal courts. Jessica has been recognized by Super Lawyers' Magazine as a Northern California Rising Star for the past three years running in the field of antitrust litigation. Her trial experience in In re TFT-LCD (Flat Panel) Antitrust Litigation has been internationally recognized and she has authored numerous publications relating to her various fields of expertise.
Before joining FAWLAW, Jessica worked for the United States Department of Justice in Washington, D.C. and the State of California Department of Justice supporting the Office of the Attorney General's Tort Division. She also lived in Rome, Italy, served as an Articles Editor for Hastings Communications and Entertainment Law Journal, worked in the United States District Court, Northern District of California's Pretrial Services Office, and served as a judicial extern for Honorable Judge Robertson in the San Francisco Superior Court.
Jessica currently serves on the U.C. Hastings Board of Trustees. She is an active member of the American Bar Association, the U.C. Berkeley and Hastings Alumni Associations, and the Committee on Federal Courts for the State Bar of California. She is an avid Cal Bears football fan through thick and thin. Fog or sun in San Francisco, you can find Jessica running or biking in preparation for her next race.
- In re TFT-LCD (Flat Panel) Antitrust Litigation. Jessica and her team represented HannStar Display Corporation in trial against price fixing claims brought by opt-out plaintiffs in a multidistrict litigation proceeding, securing a verdict of less than 1% of the damages claimed when the jury found damages in an amount consistent with the defense experts' estimates.
- MyKey Technology, Inc. v. Guidance Software, Inc., et al. Jessica represents patent holder in the U.S. Court of Federal Claims and a multidistrict proceeding involving computer forensic devices.
- C9 Edge, Inc. Jessica represents C9, InsideSales.com’s analytic application software company, in patent infringement litigation involving data replication technology.
- United Parcel Service, PepsiCo, Frito-Lay, Wells Fargo, and Starbucks. Jessica represented employers in employment-related matters, including administrative investigations, arbitrations and litigation in state and federal courts.
- TriNet Group, Inc. Jessica represented customers of TriNet in contract and business tort disputes.
- United States Fire Insurance Company. Jessica advised on complex insurance coverage, including Cumis counsel and policy issues.
- Washington Mutual. Jessica and her team defeated class certification in a case alleging the misclassification of underwriters as nonexempt employees; denial of certification affirmed on appeal.
Select Publications & Speaking Engagements
- Contributing Author and Editor, "Antitrust Class Action Handbook (3d ed.)," American Bar Association Section of Antitrust Law (forthcoming)
- Co-Author, “Guilty Pleas in Civil Antitrust Trials,” American Bar Association Section of Antitrust Law, Trial Practice Committee Newsletter, Winter 2015
- Co-Author, “Joint Trial of Direct and Indirect Purchaser Claims,” 23 Competition 77 2014
- “The Friends Creative Exemption: How Stereotypes Play a Role in Objectivity Standards,” 31 Hastings Comm. & Ent. L.J. 283, 2009